Punk Aesthetic Toronto wedding
By the most Badass Couple
Ashely & Stephen
COUPLE NAMES: Ashley & Stephen
WEDDING DATE: October 13th 2019
WEDDING LOCATION: Toronto, ON
HOW AND WHERE DID YOU MEET:
Steve is a live music photographer, and I had a band at the time. My band was playing a show in Toronto and Steve happened to be photographing the show. After the show, he briefly introduced himself, and the next day the shots were up on Facebook with the caption “I only support pop punk when there are cute girls involved”. We started hanging out, and the rest is history!
WEDDING THEME: Punk Aesthetic
THE WEDDING DAY:
It was a whirlwind of love, good food and great music. We went through a stressful year of planning in order to have the wedding of our dreams and in the words of my best friend we “more than killed it, we backed it into reverse and f***ing pulverized it.” and all I can say is that it was completely worth it.
BADASS WEDDING ATTIRE: BRIDE
@my_aching_bones In a @watters dress with a crystal beaded bodice and a plunging neckline, the skirt has a moody moscato underlay. The tailored evening coat is an off white crepe, with black and silver spiked epaulets. black velvet choker and fingerless opera gloves, made by the mother of the bride. Fishnets Bejeweled ankle boots and leopard kitten heels by @aldo_shoes
BADASS WEDDING ATTIRE: GROOM
WEDDING BUDGET: $25,000
HOW MANY PEOPLE ATTENDED: 160
PHOTOGRAPHER: Lauren @laurengarbuttphotography
HAIR / MAKE UP: Hair by Ally @thecovehairsalon Makeup by @jenevoymakeupstudio
DID YOU DO FOOD AND IF SO WHAT:
We had a delicious vegetarian 4 course meal.
Mac n cheese bites
1) heirloom beer salad with arugula and a goat cheese whip.
2) Wild mushroom soup with croutons
3) Butternut squash agnolotti with brown butter sage sauce, and pumpkin tempura.
4) Raspberry Pistachio tart
Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels with mustard and cheese dips
Krispy Kreme donuts
North of Brooklyn Pizza
WHAT DID THE BRIDESMAIDS/MEN WEAR:
Bridesmaids wore a floor length black dress with a plunging neckline, high slits and a translucent overlay with a delicate, gothic inspired velvet appliqué pattern. The shoes were leopard print pumps with a black bow.
Bridesmen and groomswomen wore a black suit with a leopard print bow tie.
Groomsmen wore a black suit with a leopard print tie and a black glitter pocket square.
ANY TIPS ON GUESTS:
People talk. That’s what they do. Somebody is going to find something bad to say about your day; don’t let that in your head. People’s opinions of you and your day are
A) worthless and B) none of your business.
ANY AWESOME BUDGET SAVING IDEAS:
If you have friends with skills, ask them if they’d be willing to do things for you. We asked our friends to MC and DJ. We asked our talented photographer friend to take our photos. I know a lot of designers so I asked my one designer friend to make my robes and wedding coat, and another designer friend did the alterations for my bridal party.
If you know how to sew or know someone who does, why not put it to good use? I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted as far as table runners go, so I made them. It comes in handy when you want something specific and you’re having a hard time finding it.
ANY TIPS ON GIFT IDEAS:
Just ask for money, period. Especially if you already live together, because It’s really the only way to get exactly what you want.
If you don’t live together, register for the shower, but disable the registry after the shower, and make a note on your website that you’d prefer a monetary gift to help fund your future together, or honeymoon.
DID YOU DO WEDDING FAVOURS:
We did little honey jars, but only because it’s a nice gesture as we had a bunch of people from afar fly in. If you don’t have people coming from further away, I think favours are a little dated.
TIPS FOR FUTURE BADASS BRIDES:
1) No matter what anyone tells you, this day is about you and your love. People will try to say “it’s about the guests”, stand your ground, because while you definitely want to make sure everyone has a good time, ultimately your main goal is to express yourselves and represent your love in a way that is true to you.
2) keep your wedding parties relatively small, and take your time to choose them carefully, if you choose to have them at all.
3) You absolutely CAN get creative with your choice of venue, just requires research and asking awkward questions. You’ll find that more often than not, people are more than willing to help you out in the name of love.
4) create a separate email address for wedding planning. Makes things so much easier and more organized.
5) create your joint bank account WELL in advance to the wedding, as a courtesy to those giving you cheques as a gift.
6) You’re going to have a stressful time planning your wedding, especially if you choose to do things differently like we did. it’ll be a test of every relationship in your life, including your relationship with each other. My advice to you is this: take extra measures to be kind to yourself, delegate to your partner, and don’t be afraid to ask for help (but be very careful who you ask as weddings can bring out sides in family and loved ones, even in yourself that you’ve never seen), so for the love of god hire a wedding planner!
Venue 1: Story’s building
Venue 2: Horseshoe Tavern
Planning by @pseventsgroup
Flowers by @coriandergirl
Dress bought at @avenue22bridal
Bridesmaid Alterations by @evellyon_atelier
Ashley & Stephen
Check out charlotte-and-laurens-whimsical-wedding/